What can I do with resources from LIVING WATERS?
Living Waters Publications (“Living Waters”) is entrusted with the stewardship of the intellectual property, including copyrights, that it creates. Living Waters encourages the use of its resources to inspire and equip Christians to biblically share and grow in their faith. Living Waters balances this desire through access to its resources with its legal requirements to preserve these resources. Therefore, any use, reproduction, or distribution (online or otherwise) of Living Waters owned content (or an associated sub-brand) must be done in accordance with the terms of this Permissions Policy. Permission to use content owned or created by an individual or organization other than Living Waters must be received directly from same. This includes articles, publications, print or digital resources, etc.
Resources and Trademarks
This policy protects all resources owned by Living Waters by providing guidelines for their limited and honorable use for the purposes stated above. “Resources” include all books, tracts, articles, devotionals, teaching series, sermons, music, and all forms of media owned by Living Waters and provided by Living Waters through our many outreach initiatives including, but not limited to, the Way of the Master, the School of Biblical Evangelism, Living Waters Equip, the Ambassadors’ Academy, Heart Changer Films, etc. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, resources may not be reproduced or distributed for commercial purposes or monetary gain, including resources available on our website designated as “free.”
Written permission from Living Waters is required in order to reproduce, display, or in any way use a trademark, service mark, design mark, logo, or trademarked image owned by Living Waters or one of the aforementioned outreaches; with the minor exception of utilizing one of our logos or trademarks as a web link icon that links directly back to our website. Be aware that permissions cannot be granted for any other images, artwork, or designs used in any resource, whether digital or in print, for which Living Waters does not own such rights.
Living Waters cannot grant permission for the use, display, reproduction, etc. of any non-owned Living Waters resource found on the LivingWaters.com website, newsletter, or any Living Waters associated sub-brand source. Permission must be obtained directly from the content creator or rights-holder. Please send all use permission requests to email@example.com
Usage and Distribution Guidelines
The use of Living Waters owned digital resources is subject to the following conditions.
To ensure the future effectiveness of Living Waters, you must observe the following usage guidelines in addition to the ones stated above when using any permitted Living Waters resource under this Permissions Policy. The following 5) general guidelines apply to all permitted uses (see subsequent list of specific categories for more detail):
- No use is permitted that alters, revises, or significantly changes the format of (i.e. – video to audio) the content being used;
- No use is permitted that creates any derivative work;
- Permitted use may not include charges of any fees (except reproduction costs) or other remuneration;
- Permitted use must include appropriate attribution.
- Living Waters cannot grant permission for use or distribution of any non-Living Waters materials.
- Digital media created and owned by Living Waters, purchased or made available on our website, may be freely shared with direct family members of your household, within the confines of your household, or via your personal media devices. Resource specific usage policies and permissions apply when made available.
- To share free streaming media from LivingWaters.com you must hyperlink to the page that contains the media or use any supplied “Share” button or embedding instructions made available.
- We do not permit downloading and reuploading of our videos/audios to another website (e.g. YouTube), but we do encourage approved embedding of our content on other websites and sharing on social media.
- All Living Waters owned articles, devotionals, product descriptions, questions & answers, etc. may be shared online if the original source is cited and the content is not altered. If you share any content from LivingWaters.com on any website, a link to the original content must be included in the attribution. Resources created and/or owned by others outside of Living Waters are not available for sharing without prior permission from same.
- When reproducing Living Waters owned resources with permission, please include the following information: Resource/Message Title (hyperlink to original content), Copyright [year of publishing] by [teacher’s name], LivingWaters.com (hyperlink to https://www.livingwaters.com).
The use of Living Waters physical media resources (DVDs, CDs, etc.) is subject to the following:
- Living Waters physical media resources may be reproduced and distributed within the confines of the owner’s immediate household.
- In addition to personal use, Living Waters physical media resources may be used in church classes, small groups, and in private group settings.
- When reproducing Living Waters owned resources with permission, please include the following information: Resource/Message Title, Copyright [year of publishing] by [teacher’s name], LivingWaters.com, 800-437-1893.
Print Resources include books, tracts, printed teaching materials, etc. The use of Living Waters Print Resources is subject to the following conditions:
- Books authored by Ray Comfort — Generally, these works are published by outside publishers, so, at this time, we are unable to grant permission to use these and they are not subject to this Permissions Policy. Specific requests for permissions to use or reproduce these works should be directed to the work’s specific publisher.
- Works published by Living Waters Publications – Please contact our offices to inquire about desired specific uses. Limitations may apply due to third-party content contained in specific works, making it not available for reproduction on any level.
- Works authored and published by others – Please contact the specific publisher to request permissions for use.
To request permission for using a Living Waters resource in a manner not expressed in the terms of this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-437-1893.
These Terms and Conditions are Subject to Change
By using this website and its associated products, you agree to be bound by this Permissions Policy. Such use of the Living Waters website and any content contained herein does not vest in the user any rights of ownership or any license, assignment, or transfer of copyright. Except as allowed by law, you agree not to challenge Living Waters’ copyright ownership or their validity of the content contained herein at any time. If you do not agree to do so, you may not access, use, or download materials and resources from Living Waters. Living Waters reserves the right to change or revoke these terms at any time. Living Waters reserves the right and sole discretion to require the immediate removal of any Living Waters content, in any format, from a non-Living Waters website at any time, and users must comply upon receipt of notice. Further uses after revocation of the rights under this policy are a violation of US copyright and US trademark law.