If you’re not convinced that we are living in the last days, we believe that our new book, Counting the Days, will radically change your mind. At the same time, it will give you very real hope for the future.
The Bible tells us that the Apostle Paul used two powerful keys to open the hearts of those who didn’t believe:
And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. (Acts 28:23, emphasis added)
He persuaded his hearers concerning Jesus both out of the Law of Moses (to bring the knowledge of sin), and out of the prophets (to establish the credibility of Scripture). How do we know that the Bible is true?
One undeniable fact: PROPHECY.
Among many other amazing prophecies, the Scriptures say that in the last days men’s hearts would fail them “from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth…” (Luke 21:26). According to the CDC, in June of 2020, more than 25 million Americans seriously considered committing suicide.
Counting the Days expounds the wonderfully fascinating subject of Bible prophecy. It was written particularly to give hope to the hopeless in these very dark days. Here now is what’s unique about this publication. It retails for $7.99, but when you purchase a box of 100 books, you will get them for just 50 cents per book.
With so many confined to their homes with time on their hands, there’s a revival in book reading. Here are ten suggestions on how you can get this book into the hands of the lost:
- Canvas your neighborhood using our door-hanger bags to leave a book on each doorknob, mailbox, or porch. To sweeten the message, you could add a cookie or some candy along with the book in the bag.
- Have cards printed through a quick printer like VistaPrint (they are low cost and very professional), and personalize them. Here is suggested text to use: “We were very concerned to hear from the CDC in June that over 25 million Americans seriously considered committing suicide. These are very troubled times. This free book will give you real and wonderful hope for the future. Kind wishes, [your name, perhaps email address or phone number, or church details].” You could use Google Earth to keep track of where you’ve placed books.
- Ask permission to set up a table outside a supermarket offering free books. (We have free downloadable artwork online for a sign to go with the books.)
- Donate books to your local library, telling them that you are concerned about the skyrocketing suicide rates.
- Ask local stores if you could leave a quantity of free books on the counter.
- Give away books at a park, orphanage, on windshields of parked cars, or other locations with heavy foot traffic.
- Take a few copies along when you go shopping and hand one to the checkout person, and anyone else you may encounter.
- Give them away outside high schools or colleges. We have done this many times. Students love freebies.
- You could do these activities individually, with your family or youth group, or ask your pastor if you could do them as a church project. Add a church stamp or place a flyer inside the book encouraging people to come to your church or watch services online.
- If you have the funds but not the energy, buy a low-cost box of books and give them to a family or team to hand out.