“What Time Is Purple?” is a profound and compelling 46-page booklet that answers some of life’s biggest questions—such as if God exists, if there is a purpose and meaning to life, the nature of truth—and presents a thorough gospel message. You can read it freely online. Right now we’re giving away copies of this book completely free for use in outreach giveaways (learn more).
Here are some tips from our friends with “What Time Is Purple?”:
- If you are part of a church ministry, Christian campus organization, or similar group, call a meeting and develop a plan.
- Familiarize yourself with any requirements or restrictions for your target area, as some are stricter than others. You shouldn’t need a permit (handing these out is well within your First Amendment rights), but certain areas may require some form of documentation. If you are a registered campus ministry, follow the protocol for your campus.
- Determine the areas with the highest foot traffic and the peak traffic times. (On campus, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. is usually good. In places where people are commuting to/from work, mornings and late afternoons may work best.) If there are multiple people in your group, spread out and cover as much territory as you can.
- Do not alienate or annoy people by blocking sidewalks, interrupting classes or workplaces, or disrupting traffic.
- Give a friendly smile while saying, “Hey, did you get one of these yet?” and offering the booklet. Don’t be afraid to say, “Please read this” as a follow-up. Specifically pray for courage.
- Be ready to engage in conversation if the recipient desires it, but avoid being argumentative.
- Do not attempt to “force” the booklet on anyone who refuses to take it.
- Setting up tables and offering free treats along with the booklet can also be an effective way to reach people, but this often requires permission.
- It is good to include additional information about your group or church, and we encourage it.
- After handing these out, pray for the salvation of everyone who took a booklet, and ask God to multiply its reach.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Wretched to get “What Time Is Purple?” to masses of people all over the US. We will joyfully send you up to 50 copies free of charge (you just pay the shipping), or when you commit to a case of 244 booklets or more for a mass giveaway, the shipping will be fully covered!