The Ten Commandments
- And God spake all these words, saying,
- I am the LORD thy God, which have brought
thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the
house of bondage.
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven
image, or any likeness of any thing that is
in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth:
- Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,
nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am
a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the
fathers upon the children unto the third and
fourth generation of them that hate me;
- And shewing mercy unto thousands of them
that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD
thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold
him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy
- But the seventh day is the sabbath of the
LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any
work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter,
thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy
cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy
- For in six days the LORD made heaven and
earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and
rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD
blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
- Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy
days may be long upon the land which the LORD
thy God giveth thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,
nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is